Updated: Apr 18
Booking a make-up artist can be quite a daunting experience especially if you’ve never had your make-up professionally applied before. Here are my 5 top tips on what to look for when booking your make-up artist.
1. Make sure you actually like them – applying makeup is quite an intimate process. Due to the nature of the work you’re working in very close proximity to one and other so it's important to feel comfortable.
2. Ask as many questions as possible and continue to do so throughout the whole process. I always tell my brides to contact me with any questions no matter how big or small, if it's important to them it's important to me.
3. Book a trial – this is very important. You want to know what your’re going to look like on your wedding day. Your wedding day is not the time to try a whole new look without trialing. Start collecting images of make-up you like and collate in a folder on your phone or use sites such as Pinterest for inspiration.
4. Word of mouth and reviews – they are invaluable. Make sure you do your research and read reviews, check websites, social media and speak to people who have used your artist before to get a feel for how they work. Are they punctual? Are they friendly? Are they adaptable to any changes? Did they create your vision? There’s so much you can learn about a make-up artist from reviews and word of mouth recommendations.
5. Lastly and most importantly - make sure they’re are insured – I can’t stress how important this is. You want to make sure you’re in safe hands and that your make-up artist adheres to the highest of standards. Your wedding day is not the time to take risks.
I hope this helped in the search for your make-up artist. If you have any questions feel free to get in touch.